CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 10, 2009

San Diego vacation, 3 days of fun!










































We took the kids to San Diego for 3 days and we had a lot of fun! Travis's work was participating in SpriritWest at the fairgrounds and his boss offered us a hotel room right on the beach for the weekend. We're not dumb, we didn't say no. We love free stuff as much as the next family does.

So we packed up ( ahem, let me explain that I packed up) and headed to San Diego.

We attended the SpritWest festival, stayed there about 6 or 7 hours letting the kids play in the 2 KidsZones they had there. Ethan and Faith were loving it ( Travis and I loved that his boss paid for their wristbands...again, we love free stuff as much as the next guy). SpiritWest is a Christian-based festival, and being a little on the agnostic faith with a little atheism as a side-dish, I'll admit that the religious tone of the festival wasn't exactly my cup o'tea, but I will say that the festival was very, shall I say, loving? Not sure if that's a good word to use, but if I were to compare this festival with a run-of-the-mill county fair, then this festival would be like the 4 Seasons while the county fair would be more like the Bates Motel.


So the next day we went to Solana Beach, Dog Beach to be exact. Gotta love going to Dog Beach when your son is afraid of dogs. Ethan was a little timid at first, he was very aware of how close the dogs were to him, but once we were there a few minutes he loosened up a bit and ended up having a spectacular time. My son loves the beach!


I think the most interesting part of the beach was that there wasn't any restrooms, not even a Port O'Potty. And I didn't even realize that we needed a restroom until Faith asked to go pee. Hmmm, this should be interesting.


So the mommy in me tells her to pee in the ocean. Hey, the fish pee in the ocean, right? The surfers pee in the ocean. And if the ocean can be a bathroom for surfers then it's good enough for my baby girl. Right? Not right. She wasn't having it. She refused to go pee in the ocean. She held that peepee in until she was busting and in pain. Poor baby, she was miserable...and poor Daddy, he was the one that kept taking her out into the deeper waters to try to get her to pee.


Eventually she couldn't take the pain and ended up climbing up on the rocks with me and peed right there by my feet. I held her up to get her to pee anywhere but on my pedicured feet. And you know what I learned that day? That if you hold up a 3 year old girl mid-pee it shoots out like a rocket? wow. You really do learn something new everyday!


We hung out at the hotel ( they had free breakfast each morning, too! Score!), went in the pool and just vegged out. It was a really nice weekend and hopefully we can do it again soon!

0 comments: